BRAVE NEW SCHOOLS
Ban on 'mom' and 'dad' considered – again
California agenda would require K-12 'gay' indoctrination
By Bob Unruh
© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com
A plan that has been launched in the California state Assembly – again – could be used to ban references to "mom" and "dad" in public schools statewide by prohibiting anything that would "reflect adversely" on the homosexual lifestyle choice.
It's similar to a plan WND reported was approved by lawmakers last year, but fell by the wayside when Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger vetoed it.
"SB 777 forcibly thrusts young school children into dealing with sexual issues, requiring that homosexuality, bisexuality and transsexuality be taught in a favorable light," according to an alert issued by the Capitol Resource Institute.
"Not only does SB 777 require that classroom instruction and materials promote and embrace controversial sexual practices, it also bans school-sponsored activities from 'reflecting adversely' on homosexuals, bisexuals and transsexuals," the group said.
So exactly what would this mean in practical terms? Read on:
"Pushing this radical homosexual agenda in California schools will stifle the truth in favor of political correctness and will inevitably conflict with the religious and moral convictions of both students and parents," said CRI Executive Director Karen England. "The full ramifications of this sweeping legislation could affect the entire nation as most textbook companies tailor their material to their number one purchaser: California."
She noted that Los Angeles schools already have implemented most of the proposals now pending for districts across the state, and among the changes are:
- "Mom" and "dad" and "husband" and "wife" would have to be edited from all texts.
- Cheerleading and sports teams would have to be gender-neutral.
- Prom kings and queens would be banned, or if featured, would have to be gender neutral so that the king could be female and the queen male.
- Gender-neutral bathrooms could be required for those confused about their gender identity.
- A male who believes he really is female would be allowed into the women's restroom, and a woman believing herself a male would be allowed into a men's room.
- Even scientific information, such has statistics showing AIDS rates in the homosexual community, could be banned.