My thoughts on the (surprising) failure of the bailout:
- I'm glad.
- Oil will fall, and that's good.
- I hope you're not trying to buy a house or needing someone to buy yours.
- Some of the Dems who voted against this voted against it for the wrong reasons...they wanted MORE help for "the middle class". That means the fix could end up being worse that this one would have been. Can you say "1.2 trillion"?
- I'm glad we don't need our IRA today.
- I wish I had a whole lot of money to invest today. This is a golden opportunity. And I don't mean for gold.
- Bush should be ashamed of himself for supporting this turkey. The way to get your approval ratings out of the basement is not to build an underground tunnel.
- We may all have to really tighten our belts. And help each other. And re-think the symphony tickets ;-)