...Granny's astute political observations.
1. I applaud President Bush for hiring the first Hispanic attorney general. For, in fact, hiring more minorities of every color and stripe than any president before him.
2. I wish he'd chosen a different Hispanic.
3. I've never thought Alberto Gonzales was the sharpest knife in the drawer. I was downright embarrassed for him at his confirmation hearings. He's out of his league, even as a run-of-the-mill attorney.
4. The case against him, though, is trumped up and partisan, even though a couple of GOP'ers have joined the chorus and even though Gonzales may have been ill-advised in some of his actions.
5. Nevertheless, he does not look good right now, either intellectually or ethically, and he's becoming a noose around the neck of an already embattled administration.
6. And now, it's time for Gonzales to honor his president by resigning. It's time.
And that's all I have to say about that.
Labels: Political Observation